Saw a meme I liked called “Name Seven Songs You Are Into Right Now And Why.” So, I thought I’d drop on you all what I’m listening to nowadays… with YouTube goodness added in for a measure.
I was kinda surprised by how eclectic the choices ultimately turned out to be. Only someone who was in high school in the early 80s would dig both Journey and Motley Crue. That would be me.
1. Do It Or Die – Die Mannequin I don’t remember where I found this song and band, but I thought they sounded like the love child of Joan Jett and Avril Lavigne.
2. Blind – Hydrogyn This is my new favorite band. I love all of the songs on this album. I can’t remember a song I played over and over again after hearing it the first time… maybe Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry. This song kicks ass.
3. Saints of Los Angeles – Motley Crue By far the best song on the new album. It sounds just like classic Crue and that’s a plus.
4. Into Dust – Mazzy Star I missed it when it was on The O.C.
5. Killing the Blues – Robert Plant and Alison Kraus I didn’t like this album when I first heard it, but after repeated listens I finally “got” it. Their voices blend so nicely here.
6. Hell Yeah – Rev Theory This song really gets you going. I love working out to it. The video stars, I think, a WWE chick, but since I don’t watch anymore I have no idea.
7. Faithfully – Journey I listened to this album three or four times in a row just to get a feel for Arnel’s voice. I even did some comparisons by listening to a Steve Perry line and then a Arnel Pineda line just to see how close or different the remixes sound. I think I like Arnel’s version of Faithfully just as much as Perry’s.
UPDATED: Damn Blogger was having a hell of a time trying to get all the embedded vids spaced correctly. Still, click on the links to see the vids and hear the songs.