1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both. Really awkward stuff like a stuffed animal gets the gift bag treatment. I’m actually barely adequate in wrapping gifts. My Dad, however, is an expert.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Fake all the way. I never wanted nor cared about having a real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree?
I’ve been putting mine up Thanksgiving weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Before New Year’s Day or on New Year’s Day.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes. I can drink a whole quart in one sitting with no problem.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Probably the year I received a ton of toys my parents had bought at the first Toys-r-Us I’d ever seen. I was 7 and my parents bought all the coolest super-hero and Start Trek toys of 1975 – lots of Mego action figures.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My sister-in-law is tough, but everyone makes lists of what they want/need.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
My Dad. It’s a book, golf balls or a DVD.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No. Didn’t grow up with one in the house either. We might have had one, but it wasn’t a big display.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
I mail my annual Christmas CD to my friends and family as a modern version of a Christmas card.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Maybe a pocket guide to the players of the NFL. I think I promptly lost it. In the trash.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
My brother’s is A Christmas Story. I like Holiday Inn because of my parents. Die Hard is a great Christmas movie.
13. When do you start shopping?
Sometimes before Thanksgiving, but rarely.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I have not.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Our tradition is to have white grape juice for breakfast.
16. Lights on the tree?
I grew up with a multi-colored light tree, but I like white lights only on my tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel to my parents.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Yes. I’ll even include Olive.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither. No tree topper for me.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Usually Christmas morning. We did open a single gift Christmas eve, but it usually was pajamas to wear.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Weather. I can deal with crowds and traffic.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My Dad got me the first Starship Enterprise ornament. I actually display it all year round. It’s worth about $500
24. Favorite Christmas memory?
Maybe the 1975 Christmas with all the Mego action figures. Laser tag year was pretty cool too.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
Bruiser might participate. That’s about it.